Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Tasmania is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Laugh, be appalled, be turned on by art for grown-ups at MONA; hike to the summit of Cradle Mountain for spectacular views; and sample a hoard of gourmet local produce - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Tasmania and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Tasmania:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Hobart & around, Tasman Peninsula & Port Arthur, the Southeast, Cradle Country & the West, Devonport & the Northwest, Launceston & around, Midlands & Central Highlands, the East Coast
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Tasmania is our most comprehensive guide to Tasmania, and is perfect for discovering both popular and offbeat experiences.
Looking for just the highlights? Check out Pocket Hobart, our handy-sized guide focused on the best sights and experiences for a short visit or weekend away. After wider coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Australia for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
Series: Travel Guide
Number of Pages: 320
Edition: 8th edition
Publication Date: 1 Nov 2018
Publisher: Lonely Planet Global Limited
Publication City, Country: Dublin 8, Ireland
Dimensions (cm): 19.7(H) x 12.8(L) x 1.7(W)
Weight (gm): 360