Lonely Planet: The world's number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet's Best of Australia is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore magnificent Sydney Harbour, see the Great Barrier Reef and watch the sunset at Uluru - all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Australia and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Best of Australia:
- Full-colour images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, food, wine, sports, landscapes, wildlife
- Free, convenient pull-out map (included in print version), plus easy-to-use colour maps to help you navigate
- Covers Sydney, Blue Mountains, Canberra, Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest, Melbourne, Hobart, Uluru (Ayers Rock), Adelaide & South Australia, Perth & Margaret River, Kakadu National Park, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Best of Australia is filled with inspiring and colourful photos, and focuses on Australia's most popular attractions for those wanting to experience the best of the best.
Visiting an Australian city but just want the highlights? Pockets are smaller guides featuring the top sights and experiences for a shorter break or weekend visit.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017
Series: Travel Guide
Number of Pages: 336
Edition: 3rd edition
Publication Date: 1 Nov 2019
Publisher: Lonely Planet Global Limited
Publication City, Country: Dublin 8, Ireland
Dimensions (cm): 19.7(H) x 12.8(L) x 1.8(W)
Weight (gm): 388